Full Mouth Reconstruction Can Completely Repair Your Smile
Full mouth reconstruction, also known as full mouth restoration, combines a variety of procedures to completely repair smiles compromised by decay, missing teeth, and other oral health issues. Dr. Gregory S. Strain can safely and efficiently restore smiles in any state of disrepair at our Metairie, LA-area practice, incorporating procedures such as dental implants, periodontal care, and restorations. Combining 30 years of experience with advanced technology, Dr. Strain can provide comprehensive treatments tailored to your needs.
Designing Your Unique Plan
At our practice, we specialize in honest, personalized care. As no two smiles are exactly the same, treatment plans will vary on a case-by-case basis. We are dedicated to creating a full mouth reconstruction that will address all of your needs at once.
If you have been suffering due to a severely compromised smile, Dr. Strain is ready to help you achieve relief, improved health, and restored confidence.
Full mouth restorations are ideal for patients who have multiple oral health concerns. During your initial consultation, you can discuss your goals with one of our doctors, and together, you can decide which procedures are best for you. To ensure your satisfaction, we can prepare a mockup of your final result before you make the decision to move forward.
A full mouth reconstruction can encompass many different procedures, including:
- Restorative dental treatments such as crowns, bridges, dentures, fillings, inlays, and onlays, which can address compromised teeth
- Dental implants, to replace missing teeth and preserve the structure of your smile
- Neuromuscular dentistry and temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD) treatment, to correct issues relating to the temporomandibular joints
- Bruxism treatments, to resolve teeth grinding and associated symptoms
- Orthodontic treatments such as Invisalign®, traditional braces, spacers, expanders, and retainers, to address dental misalignment
- Oral surgery, including soft and hard tissue grafting and tooth extractions, to promote your longterm oral health
- Root canal therapy, to resolve dental infection and avoid tooth extraction
- Periodontal treatments such as scaling, root planing, and periodontal surgery, to help manage symptoms of gum disease
A full mouth restoration is similar to a smile makeover, but it is focused on improving health and function instead of aesthetics. However, we can also integrate cosmetic procedures if you have aesthetic concerns, including porcelain veneers, teeth whitening, dental bonding, and gum contouring. If you feel anxious or have trouble sitting for long periods due to arthritis or other conditions, we can offer sedation to ensure your comfort throughout the treatment.
Benefits of a Restored Smile
Full mouth reconstruction can boost your confidence and have a positive impact on your overall quality of life. The life-changing benefits of full mouth restoration include:
- Improved ability to speak and eat normally
- Pain relief through the treatment of TMD, bruxism, or malocclusion (misaligned bite)
- Stabilization of surrounding teeth with crowns or other restorations
- Prevention of jawbone deterioration due to tooth loss
- Elimination of bad breath caused by gum disease, decay, or bacteria
Depending on the extent of your treatment, we can also plan it around your schedule and complete your full mouth reconstruction in phases.
Budgeting for Treatment
The cost of your full smile restoration will vary based on the extent of your needs. At our offices, we can reduce some costs by providing many services in-house. Our E4D machine can fabricate fillings, inlays, onlays, and crowns while you wait, eliminating the need for additional follow-up visits and temporary restorations.
Many components of a full mouth restoration treatment may be covered by insurance, such as cavity treatment, dental crowns, and root canal therapy. Others, namely implants, usually are not. If you are concerned about the cost of your treatment, Dr. Strain can offer a variety of financing options to help with out-of-pocket expenses.
Get Started Today
If you have been suffering due to a severely compromised smile, Dr. Gregory S. Strain is ready to help you achieve relief, improved health, and restored confidence. You can call our Metairie office at (504) 838-8118, or you can send us a message online anytime to schedule your consultation at our practice.