Restore Your Smile with Partial Dentures
The loss of multiple teeth can significantly hinder a person’s ability to chew or speak with ease. If you are seeking the restoration of several missing teeth, you may be a great candidate for a partial denture. The prosthetic is removable or implant-retained. Our esteemed dentist, Dr. Gregory Strain, has more than 20 years of experience placing partial dentures and other life-changing restorations. Don’t let tooth loss leave you feeling embarrassed about your smile. If you live in the Metairie, LA-area, our doctors can fit you with a custom partial denture that will restore the appearance and function of your smile.
Benefits of Partial Dentures
Patients who receive custom removable partial dentures from our Metairie dental practice can benefit from:
- A non-invasive procedure
- Flexibility of transitioning to a full denture in the future
- Greater comfort when speaking, eating, and chewing
- Improved self-confidence
- Protection of existing teeth and underlying gum tissue
- Fuller cheeks
Implant-supported partial dentures offer further benefits, such as superior stability and natural chewing function. Since dental implants replace tooth roots, they can aid in the prevention of jawbone atrophy. When properly taken care of, dental implants can last a lifetime.
Am I a Candidate for Partial Dentures?
Candidates for partial dentures are missing multiple consecutive teeth but still have one or more healthy teeth near the gap in their smile. Patients who are missing an entire dental arch may be a better candidate for a full denture while individuals who are missing one, two, or three consecutive teeth may benefit from having a dental crown placed.
Dr. Strain and his dedicated dental team have the advanced technology and resources to restore your smile.
Many of our patients seek the superior stability of implant-retained partial dentures. These prosthetics function and feel just like natural teeth. In order to be eligible for implant placement, patients should have adequate jawbone density to receive the titanium posts. Some patients suffer from the loss of jawbone mass due to atrophy. These individuals may require dental bone graft surgery to gain candidacy for dental implants.
Regardless of what your teeth replacement needs are, Dr. Strain and his dedicated dental team have the advanced technology and resources to restore your smile. Our E4D CAD/CAM system allows Dr. Strain to carefully direct every step involved in manufacturing restorations at our Metairie dental practice.
What Are My Partial Denture Options?
Depending on your restorative needs and budget, Dr. Strain will provide one of four partial denture options:
- Precision attachment partial denture: This denture option is very common. The artificial tooth appliance is made from a gum-colored acrylic base and a row of false teeth. The prosthetic attaches to natural teeth through the use of small metal clasps.
- Acrylic removable partial denture: This economical option attaches to neighboring teeth through metal clasps, but the base material and molding process is not as comprehensive as those used to make precision attachment partial dentures.
- Flexible partial denture: If you have a metal allergy, this partial denture option is made entirely from thermoplastic nylon resin.
- Implant-supported partial denture: Patients who want to restore the look, feel, and function of their original teeth can choose implant-supported partial dentures. The denture attaches directly to the jawbone through the use of titanium implant posts that are placed in the jaw. Before a partial denture can be fitted, patients will undergo dental implant surgery. The treatment timeline for implant-retained partial dentures ranges from four to several months.
Schedule Your Partial Denture Consultation Today
Greater comfort when speaking, eating, and chewing; improved self-confidence; and a non-invasive procedure are just a few of the benefits patients can experience upon receiving a custom removable partial denture from Gregory S. Strain, DDS, Family Dentistry. We accept CareCredit® financing to make dental treatments more affordable. To schedule your partial denture consultation, contact our office online or call (504) 838-8118.