Dentures Can Help Create a Beautiful, Complete Smile
Extensive tooth decay and tooth loss compromises oral health and detracts from the appearance of your smile. Dentures are generally the trusted solution for patients struggling with missing teeth. Gregory S. Strain, DDS Family Dentistry offers high-quality traditional and implant-supported dentures that restore the function and beauty of your smile following extensive tooth loss. Depending on the extent of your tooth loss, Dr. Strain and his team can fabricate a partial or full-arch denture for you at their Metairie, LA, practice. Fabrication and restoration of these oral prosthetics takes place all under the same roof for the convenience of our patients and also allows Dr. Strain and his team to provide personalized and compassionate care from beginning to end.
Types of Dentures
Any number of oral health issues—from gum disease to unchecked decay to trauma—can contribute to tooth loss and create the need for dentures. Just as the reasons for needing dentures vary from patient to patient, so does the type of denture required to complete a smile. At Gregory S. Strain, DDS Family Dentistry, we provide a number of denture options that patients may choose from, such as:
- Traditional Dentures
- Full-arch dentures are for patients who are missing most or all of their teeth in the upper or lower dental arch, or both. These dentures are customized for each patient using precise molds of the gums and provide a snug fit for comfortable, all-day wear. Traditional dentures are anchored in place with dental adhesive and natural suction. These dentures will need to be removed for cleaning on a daily basis.
- Partial Dentures
- These dentures are designed for patients who are missing a number of adjacent teeth, but not an entire dental arch (top or bottom). Partial dentures can be supported by dental crowns, attach to healthy teeth adjacent to the gap with small inconspicuous hooks, or with dental implants.
- Implant-Supported Dentures
- Implant-supported dentures are attached to traditional or mini dental implants, which are titanium posts that are surgically implanted in the jaw. These types of dentures are not removable and patients should care for them just as they would care for their natural teeth. Dental implants provide stability for artificial teeth that cannot be matched. Patients need not worry that their teeth will slip out of place and their dentures will feel and look entirely lifelike. Implant-supported dentures also stimulate the jawbone and prevent its deterioration, which occurs over time when a tooth root is missing.
The Benefits of Dentures
A quality denture that fits you just right can make all the difference in your daily life, giving you confidence when you smile, laugh, and eat. Dr. Strain and his team take great care to ensure that each denture they create is proportionate with the patient's bite and smile and enhances the overall facial appearance. We offer acrylic and porcelain dentures for a superior look that has a translucency and sheen much like real tooth enamel. Regardless of which type of dentures you choose, you can trust that our practice will craft a restoration for you that is not only aesthetically enhancing but also optimally compatible with your bite.
A quality denture that fits you just right can make all the difference in your daily life, giving you confidence when you smile, laugh, and eat.
Patients who receive dentures from our practice generally reap outstanding benefits, including:
- A natural-looking restoration that emulates the look and feel of your natural teeth
- An on-site lab for convenient same-day repairs and treatment
- Dentures that fill out your cheeks and prevent a sunken facial appearance
- Traditional dentures that rest snugly over your gums for all-day wear
- Implant-supported dentures that mimic the look and feel of real teeth, while preventing bone atrophy
We can also incorporate denture treatment into a comprehensive full mouth reconstruction for patients dealing with multiple oral health issues.
Restore Your Brilliant Grin
If you are missing a number of teeth and would like to take the initial steps toward a healthy, attractive smile you can share with the world, contact Gregory S. Strain, DDS Family Dentistry online today. You can also call our office at (504) 838-8118 to schedule your consultation.